Planning to sign-up an account with eToro but don’t know if you have all the required information to complete the process?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to register with this brokerage firm.
Do take note that this process is for registrations that were done in the UK and the steps may vary for other locations.
- Open the eToro website: www.etoro.com and click on the Join Now button.
- Here’s the deal:
You have the option to sign-up using your Facebook or Google account. If you wish to use these accounts to register with eToro, click on their corresponding buttons to continue.
Otherwise, you may proceed with the traditional sign-up process where you need to enter your first and last name, preferred username, email address, preferred password, and phone number.
Click on the first checkbox to accept the Financial Product Terms, Product Disclosure Statement, and Financial Services Guide.
Click on the Create Account button to continue.
- You will then be taken to the eToro watchlists page which is part of their trading platform.
In order to open your account, be sure to complete your profile by clicking on the Complete Profile button.
- A pop-up window will appear regarding the process of completing your profile. Click on the Continue button.
- Fill-in your complete personal details including your name, middle name, last name, gender, and birth date. Click on the > button to continue.
- Fill-in your complete address including the street, number, city, postal code, country and passport number (this should be to your country of citizenship).
Check the box if you’re not a citizen or not born in the US.
- Select your trading experience. If you have never traded before, check the box for Never traded.
- Select your level of trading and educational knowledge. You may select one or more answers. Check the box if you have no financial knowledge.
- You will be taken to the trading knowledge assessment section. Be sure to mark the correct statements
- Select the instruments that you wish to trade on eToro. You may click more than 1 instrument.
- Select your trading frequency and the duration of your open positions.
- Select the statement that best describes your purpose of trading with eToro.
- Select the amount that you’re expecting to deposit for the entire year and choose the best risk scenario that best describes your yearly investment expectations with eToro.
- Select the sources of the funds that you will be using for your investments on eToro. You may choose more than 1.
Select your occupation from the list, enter the name of your company, your net annual income and your total cash and liquid assets (this includes savings accounts and brokerage accounts).
- You will then be taken to the result of the assessment based on the information you provided. If the result shows that CopyTrading is not suitable for you, your Copy trading activity will be limited.
You will also be advised to review and update your profile should there be changes in your situation or trading objectives.
Click on Review Profile to go back and change the information you provided. Otherwise, click on Confirm.
- You will be taken to the verification window. Click on Complete Verification to enjoy faster processing of your withdrawals, removing your deposit limits and getting a verified checkmark.
- You will be required to verify your phone number. Make sure that you entered the correct digits and click on the Send SMS button.
- Enter the code that you will receive on your phone and click the Verify button.
- Once you have verified your account, you can now deposit the minimum amount using any of the supported payment methods.
- After completing the deposit process, you may now start trading with eToro.